So this blog has been around a little over two months now. In the past several days, I’ve seen a sudden spike in viewership and just yesterday the site broke the seventy-thousand mark. Since it seems that there’s a lot of new faces around here and I know it’s not exactly appealing to go back to the beginning and read from post one, what follows is a sort of “Best of” or “Abridged Edition” for the blog. Thank you for your viewership and kind words, both in the comments and by email. I urge you to keep sharing as we move into a what looks to be a series of difficult weeks.
- Hindsight features audio footage from New Years which is pretty indicative of the type of area North County is in.
4.) Gun Fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmqHVKNZkhM#t=9945
- I’ve posted this video several times, but I don’t think I ever gave it the proper respect of a dedicated post. Watch St. Louis County and media take fire near the ruins of QT I believe on 08/18/2014. The most interesting part starts around 02:45:00.
- This post is the most widely disseminated and viewed post on the blog. It is also correspondingly the most controversial which was surprising for something I wrote at the end of a night shift on the 8/24.
2.) Bloody Sunday https://dissonantwinstonsmith.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/bloody-sunday/
- This post is a direct account of what happened to me on the second Sunday 8/17/2014 of violence in Ferguson. I think this was the worst day thus far and I think about it often.
- The above post is the first post on this blog and a chronicle of my experiences on the first night of looting. Everything that has happened since 8/10/2014 needs to be viewed through the spectrum of what happened the night after Mike Brown died.
Any other submissions for favorite posts not included on this list are welcome. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section.