I survived last night. Expect a very long post on it in the future. I’ve taken copious notes. A few things:
- Grand Jury did not return an indictment
- At least two people are dead that I’m aware of. One person was shot and had to be transported by personal vehicle to the hospital because ambulances could not reach them. They later passed away.
- A second individual was shot to death and burned in a vehicle in Canfield Green apartments where Michael Brown died. They were only discovered in the morning giving a pretty fair idea of how bad things were off of Canfield last night.
- A University City Officer was shot. Depending who you ask it was either in the chest or in the arm.
- Clayton was largely spared, adding more doubt to the “out of town agitator” narrative.
- Numerous gunshots, engulfed structure fires, injuries, etc.
- Michael Brown’s stepfather called for the community to “Burn this bitch down!”
- First time I’ve ever heard a “Code 5000” used.
- Reports that this was the worst night of rioting so far are not exaggerations.
Bob McCulloch’s Press Conference
Michael Brown’s Mother and her husband react to the Press Conference